Monday, July 26, 2010

Job fair Bust?

Today I was informed by a friend of a job fair in town. I've been out of work so I was anxious to go. I get there to be told there is only ONE business there: Dollar General.

Jeremy and I had went and retrieved Tabby so we could all go. They were just really hiring for a store manager. Hmm.

We explained about how bad the one in Maryville is to the DISTRICT manager. He said that when we turn in an application, there is a little test we have to take to see if we even qualify for employment with them. I asked the lady at the MV store and she looked at me like I was crazy! I told him this.

He sent us over to the newest location in town to take the test. He told us to ask for the lady, Sylvia, but if she wasn't there, to ask for Sam.

Ha. Jeremy found Sam, as Tabby and I found Sylvia.

Jeremy said Sam was feeding him a load about how the application would stay on file, blah blah blah, when I turned around and said "Jeremy, I found Mrs. Sylvia." Bhah.

All 3 of us took that test, along with another lady that followed us there. The 3 of us passed, not sure about the other lady. But while waiting, Tabby and I talked further with Sylvia, about how things worked. We chatted about how Tabby's application and mine looked similar. As in our handwriting was just the same! It was crazy! We never noticed that until today when Mrs. Sylvia pointed it out.

Then we went to Taco Bell (YUM!!)

We took Tabby to her boyfriends, who lives right down from me! I came home to do laundry and things, and Jeremy went home.

Starting tomorrow, I will have the house to myself for 2 weeks! Eek! They are going on vacation, and I am staying here!

I need to try to sleep. It's been hard, considering the past few nights I have been sick and been staying up late... oh and the late night chats with old friends. But mostly the sickness.

Good night all! Hoping for a better time with the job hunt!

No comments:

PartyLite

Twilight (obsessed) =D